Y’all!! This Cauliflower Crust Pizza is AMAZING! Next time you are craving pizza you HAVE to give this a try. Total Guilt free!
Servings: Yields 2-3
1 head cauliflower
½ cup 2% Italian Cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup marinara sauce
1 red bell pepper
1/2 small purple onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove minced garlic
1 sliced tomato
1/2 cup italian cheese
1 tbs Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500˚F/260˚C.
2. Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and transfer pieces to a blender or food processor.
3. Blend until completely shredded.
4. Then transfer to a large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes. Make sure you let it cool a few minutes.
5. Transfer cooked cauliflower to a clean towel and wring out as much liquid as possible. (This is huge! When you think you’re done, let it sit a minute and wring it out again!) Wringing out all the liquid is what makes a great crust!
6. Place wrung cauliflower in a bowl and combine with cheese, oregano, basil, salt, garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
7. Spray coconut oil on parchment paper and place cauliflower mixture in the middle. Spread out and form a circle out of the cauliflower mixture.
8. Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown in the center and on the edges. Leave a little longer if you want a crisper crust.
9. While crust is baking, saute garlic, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms.
10. Assemble your pizza!
I layered marinara, cheese, toppings, more cheese and added a sprinkle of basil!
11. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted.
12. Enjoy alone or with a simple salad!