I mentioned earlier that I live in a small town. With that being said, you have a very limited selection of restaurants, sushi being one of the rarest! To get decent sushi would take me a minimum of a 45 minute drive. So when my craving hit, I knew I had it in me to whip up something to curve that craving!
Try for yourself your very own deconstructed sushi square! This is also a fun dinner to try with the kids and let them make their own versions.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- White rice
- Panko bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp Siracha
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- lite soy sauce
- In a small container or measuring cup, add cooked rice and pack it tightly
- Cut and add cooked shrimp seasoned with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Press shrimp pieces into rice.
- Add your avocado. (I mashed mine for an even coat)
- Add cucumber.
- Press all ingredients to make sure it is packed into the next layer.
- Combine Siracha, mayo, and lime juice. Add panko for a crunch!
- Lastly, Coat it with soy sauce and enjoy!
Tip: Add crab or jalapeno for another tasty combo!